But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into the one who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love. – Ephesians 4:15-16
Caring for Each Other During this Time of Physical Distance
– Pastoral Care: Call the church 651-699-1378 or email prayer requests. A pastor will respond as quickly as possible. We know these are challenging and stressful times, and we would love to hear from you. We miss you and want to stay in touch and will do our best to walk with you through these days.
– Reach the On-call Pastor: Call the office at 651-699-1378. Select option ‘2.’ It takes a few seconds to complete the transfer to connect your call. To reach office staff, select option ‘3.’
– Sickness or Hospitalization: If you or a family member is ill or hospitalized, please let the church know. We will follow hospital/facility protocols about what care we can offer in person, but we will certainly be able to reach out to you through phone and add you to our prayers.
– Reach out to Congregational Members and Friends: We can be church for one another even when we can’t see each other. Call a friend, send a note, check in with those who face uncertainty, and let people know you’re thinking of them. Especially we ask you to be mindful of those without email or internet, or anyone who may need support.
– Children’s and Youth Ministry: Stay in touch through our Facebook and Twitter groups. Share how you are learning faith in the home. Show us your smiling faces, and your sad or worried faces, too. Let us know how to pray for you while we meet online.
– LSS Counseling: Under ordinary circumstances, LSS offers in-person counseling services at Gloria Dei two days a week. During this pandemic, LSS offers Telehealth Services. Gloria Dei’s website provides information about our ministry and this LSS letter helps explain the telehealth delivery.
– Participate in our Private Facebook Group: We welcome your requests to join GDLC Members and Friends in a Time of Global Pandemic, an online space for Gloria Dei members, friends and staff to share updates, request/offer prayers, and communicate with only others at Gloria Dei.
– Funerals: Currently, we allow funerals in the church building with up to 100 people with staff. We require everyone to wear masks and stay physically distanced.
– Baptisms: Currently, we allow baptisms in the sanctuary with a pastor and with up to 100 people with staff, and we require everyone to wear masks and stay physically distanced. We record the baptism that becomes part of a future Sunday’s worship service. All parents (members and non-members) must register to attend a Baptism Orientation Workshop (on Zoom) before their child’s baptism. To schedule a baptism, please contact Office Coordinator Karen Earhuff (or (651) 699-1378).
– Communion Class: No in-person Communion Class until we meet again for worship in the building. If your child shows a desire to begin communion now. we will send activities to help you prepare your child to receive the Lord’s Supper during online worship. Contact Kyrstin Schwartz.
– Weddings: Currently, we allow weddings in the church building with with up to 100 people with staff. We require everyone to wear masks and stay physically distanced.