But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love. – Ephesians 4:15-16
Caring for Each Other During the Time of Social Distance
– Pastoral Care: Call the church 651-699-1378 or email prayer requests. A pastor will respond as quickly as possible. We know these are challenging and stressful times, and we continue to serve as your pastoral staff. We miss you and want to stay in touch, and will do our best to walk with you through these days.
– Call the Office: Dial 651-699-1378. Select option ‘2’ to reach the on-call pastor, and option ‘3’ to reach office staff.
– Reach out to Congregational Members and Friends: Especially we ask you to be mindful of those without email or internet, or anyone who may need support. We can be church for one another even when we can’t see each other. Call a friend. Send a note. Check in with those who face uncertainty. Let people know you’re thinking of them.
– Participate in our Private Facebook Group: We welcome your requests to join GDLC Members and Friends in a Time of Global Pandemic, an online space for Gloria Dei members, friends and staff to share updates, request/offer prayers, and communicate with only others at Gloria Dei.
– Sickness or Hospitalization: If you or a family member is ill or hospitalized, please let the church know. We will follow hospital protocols about what care we can offer in person, but we will certainly be able to reach out to you through phone and add you to our prayers.
– Funerals: Plans may adjust as the situation changes; however, currently funeral services will need to wait until after restrictions related to gatherings has passed. It may be possible to arrange a graveside service with fewer than 10 people.
Ways to Stay Connected
Gloria Dei Staff on Facebook
Our pastors, children’s and youth ministry directors, and music directors will regularly take to Facebook to connect with us. Our plan is that you’ll see Pastor Bradley on Mondays, Pastor Javen on Tuesdays, Kyrstin and Katie at various times, Pastor Lois on Fridays, Timothy Strand on Saturdays and Paul Damico-Carper and his wife, Elizabeth, on their COmmunity VIDeo Hymnal group on Facebook for a hymn and a prayer. (On Sunday mornings, you’ll see some of them in our online worship services.)
Children’s and Youth Ministry
Stay in touch through our Facebook and Twitter groups. Share how you are learning faith in the home. Show us your smiling faces, and your sad or worried faces, too. Let us know how to pray for you while we meet virtually.
What Does This Mean podcast
Find our podcast on our What Does This Mean Facebook page. New episodes out each Thursday.