Join others as you deepen your faith and discover new ideas in spirituality. Events occur throughout the week.
Sunday Forum. Sunday morning, 9:30 a.m., September – May. Opportunities for deepening our faith and growing in awareness of ministries occurring in our community and throughout the world. See information for upcoming forum discussions here.
What? Change the Chancel? Are you Serious? September 4th, 6:30 p.m. Fellowship Hall. Why would we ever consider changing the way our sanctuary looks and functions? Winston Churchill said, “We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us.” Pastor Bradley will discuss how the style of architecture of Gloria Dei developed and how it now shapes us. He’ll begin to imagine with us how we might re-shape the sanctuary space to serve us better for a next generation of worship.
What Does This Mean? New for Fall 2018 – Relevant Faith for 21st Century Christians. A 7-week series, fall 2018, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday evenings beginning September 26, exploring themes of Christian life, taking both faith and modern day questions seriously. See more info here.
Bible Study. Mondays, 10:00 a.m. An hour long discussion of the upcoming Sunday’s scripture readings led by a pastor.
Soul Food. Fridays, 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. during the program year. A discussion of a variety of books from a faith perspective. Participants join for one book, or come weekly to discuss all of them. Resumes on September 7. This fall we’ll be reading books by William Kent Krueger, Martha Ellen Stortz, Parker Palmer, and Dan Maurer. See more information on our website.
Men’s Book Group. Year-round discussion of a new title each month, typically meeting on the first Saturday of the month at 8:30 a.m. This fall we’re reading books by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Louise Erdrich, Robert Louis Stevenson, and Scott Kelly. Find title to be discussed at next month’s meeting here.
3rd Chapter – Spirituality as We Age. A variety of opportunities throughout the year addressing the spiritual, emotional, and physical concerns and interests for those aged 55 years and older. Click on the title to learn more about these upcoming events:
- Who Am I Now – Friday, September 14, 9:00 – 4:00 pm. 3rd Chapter Retreat and “Birthday Party”
- Retirement Transitions – Saturday, September 29, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. Exploring the emotional, spiritual, financial, social and psychological challenges we face when we retire.
- The Hundred-Foot Journey – Movie Morning –Wednesday, October 10, 9:30 am – watch and discuss a movie
- Medicare—Making It Work for You – Thursday, October 25, 3:30-5:30 pm – Consider options during Medicare’s open enrollment period to discover which option is best for you or your loved ones.
Gloria Dei’s Racial Justice Team – Sponsoring events this fall:
- Sacred Sites Tour—Healing Minnesota Stories –October 6, 12:30 – 5:30 p.m. Through St. Paul Interfaith Network, explore sites along the sites located around confluence of the Mississippi and Minnesota rivers, what the Dakota refer to as Bdote, or “meeting place of rivers.” This event will offer us an opportunity to learn about Minnesota history from a Native perspective through story-telling and experiencing the sites in silence/meditation/reflection. See more information here.
- Civil Rights Tour – November 3 – 10, 2018
Women of Gloria Dei Circle Meetings. Nurturing faith and friendship, the Women of Gloria Dei sponsors smaller monthly “circles” and occasional large group gatherings, plus connects women to synod and national movements. A brand new drop in Circle will meet periodically on Sundays in the Youth Room at Gloria Dei, 9:30 a.m. See more information coming soon on our webpage.