Soul Food meets most Friday mornings of the school year to read and discuss books from a spiritual, faith-based perspective. We read a few chapters at a time, and enjoy rich discussions and engaging conversations. In addition we take time to reflect on the upcoming Sunday’s gospel reading, and pray together.
During 2019-2020, we’re reading the following titles:
- The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Every Thing We See, Hope For, and Believe by Richard Rohr. 2019.
- Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving and Finding the Church, by Rachel Held Evans. 2015.
- Everything Happens For a Reason, And Other Lies I’ve Loved, by Kate Bowler, 2018.
- Amazing Grace: A Vocabulary of Faith, by Kathleen Norris. 1999.
- Consider the Women: A Provocative Guide to Three Matriarchs of the Bible, by Debbie Blue, 2019.
- Dear Church: A Love Letter from a Black Preacher to the Whitest Denomination in the US, by Lenny Duncan. 2019.
- Holy Envy: Finding God in the Faith of Others, by Barbara Brown Taylor, 2019.
You’re welcome to come for all or any of the discussions. Your presence will make our conversation that much more meaningful. Contact Pastor Lois if you have questions or for more information.
If you’ve been around for a while, consider bringing treats one of the upcoming Fridays. Click here.