Soul Food meets most Friday mornings of the school year to read and discuss books from a spiritual, faith-based perspective. We read a few chapters at a time, and enjoy rich discussions and engaging conversations. In addition we take time to reflect on the upcoming Sunday’s gospel reading, and pray together.
Join us this fall as we begin another year of in depth discussions. This year, we’ll be discussing the following titles:
- The Universal Christ: How a Forgotten Reality Can Change Everything We See, Hope For, and Believe by Richard Rohr. 2019.
- Holy Envy: Finding God in the Faith of Others, by Barbara Brown Taylor, 2019.
- Everything Happens For a Reason, And Other Lies I’ve Loved, by Kate Bowler, 2018.
- Amazing Grace: A Vocabulary of Faith, by Kathleen Norris. 1999.
- Consider the Women: A Provocative Guide to Three Matriarchs of the Bible, by Debbie Blue, 2019.
- Dear Church: A Love Letter from a Black Preacher to the Whitest Denomination in the US, by Lenny Duncan. 2019.
- Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving and Finding the Church, by Rachel Held Evans. 2015.
See our full reading calendar here. Soul Food Schedule 2019-2020.
You’re welcome to come for all or any of the discussions. Your presence will make our conversation that much more meaningful. Contact Pastor Lois if you have questions or for more information.