A lot is happening with Room 99! Recent highlights include a successful plumbing inspection, completion of electrical wiring, painting in the bathroom and main living space, installation of the flooring and baseboards, preparation for installing the heating and cooling unit, and installation of the door frames to the apartment and bathroom.
The next few weeks we will see this former multi-use room transform into an apartment. Here’s what’s scheduled:
– June 9-10: IKEA kitchen cabinet installation
– Week of June 13: Appliance and bathroom fixture installation
– June 16: TV mounting and set up
– Week of June 13: Tiling of kitchen and bathroom backsplash
– Week of June 27: Murphy bed delivery and installation
– By June 30: Installation of custom linen closet made by Gloria Dei member
– Week of July 4: Placement of furnishings and kitchen items
– By July 8: Selection of our first guest(s), in consultation with our partner organizations serving asylum seekers
– By July 15: Guest move-in and welcome
On Sunday, July 10, we will have an open house celebration and dedication of the apartment from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. You are invited to join us to celebrate the completion of the renovation and the start of the ministry to offer a safe home for asylum seekers.
Plan to stop by after the 10 a.m. service for a tour. At 11:30 a.m., we will hold a brief dedication service in the gym. Music by our own Paul Damico-Carper and refreshments will complete the celebration.
Please RSVP here so we can make sure to have enough chairs and refreshments for all.
This undertaking could not have happened without the generous support of the Gloria Dei community. Together, all things are possible. Thank you!