Follow Pastor Bradley and team as they visit our mission partners at San Lucas Mission and the Iglesia Luterana Agustina de Guatemala.
- New Artwork installed on lower level of Gloria Dei (3/26/2019) - Gloria Dei has acquired new artwork from Janet McKenzie whose mostly biblical-themed artwork incorporates subjects from a wide range of cultural identities.
- Greetings from President of Agustinian Lutheran Church of Guatemala (1/16/2019) - Rev Karen Castillo, pesident of Agustinian Lutheran Church of Guatemala sends an update as 2019 begins.
- Greetings from Colegio Luterano Agustino de Guatemala (1/9/2019) - Gloria Dei received this letter from our friends in Guatemala, sharing the good news and thank you for our support. Translation is provided by Diego Gil. Dear sisters and brothers in Christ, through this letter, we send a fraternal greeting, wishing in God our Lord, you are enjoying the end of the year festivities, time of waiting and remembering the good news. We want to
- Guatemala Trip scheduled for July 26 – August 3, 2019 (10/10/2018) - “We worshipped with El Mirador Church in Guatemala City on Sunday morning,” Katie LeClair, youth director at Gloria Dei, remembers. “The entire church fed us an amazing lunch and we stayed the whole afternoon with them to help build floats for the Palm Sunday processional. While others were pounding nails and painting, I was getting a tour of the host family’s yard, with its duck and chicken
- Iglesia Luterana Agustina de Guatemala Accepted into the Lutheran World Federation (7/18/2018) - We celebrate with our companions on their acceptance into the Lutheran World Federation.
- Traveler’s Report: Visiting the Church in Guatemala (8/29/2017) - The following was written by our Director of Youth & Family Faith Formation, Katie LeClair. It appeared in the Caminando Juntos of the the Saint Paul Area Synod Guatamala Task Force. “Now Do a Funny One!” The young women and men at the ILAG had just spent the morning with our teens being interviewed about their lives and what brought them to the newly forming
- Guatemala Church sends letter to Gloria Dei (7/11/2017) - Gloria Dei received this letter from Rev. Karen Castillo, President of ILAG asking for our prayers and to celebrate La Resurreccion’s 25th Anniversary on Sunday July 16. Here is the actual letter as well as the English translation.
Day 7: El Mirador (9/23/2015) - How do we describe ourselves: tourists, guests, observers? We felt like we didn’t contribute that much. We didn’t spend part of each day working on some difficult and sweaty project. We only washed dishes a few times. However, if we asked our new-found brothers and sisters, I suspect they would consider us companions on the faith journey. For them, it is important simply that we
Day 6: ILAG Leaders & Visiting La Resurection (9/22/2015) - We spent the day with the leaders today. Bradley led the devotion, teaching the “Iona Gloria” a little song that the monks from the Iona Abbey would sing as they departed to go out into the world to share the gospel. He taught the leaders all three parts. Beautiful to sing in harmony with them. Bishop Patricia led a bible study on Luke 5:1-11, the
Day 5: Transition (9/22/2015) - Sunday was a day of transition, moving from the countryside into a more complex, urban environment. Of course, we began with mass at the mission church. The priest had two questions in his sermon. We were the only one who didn’t raise our hands. Patricia was sure it was for a commitment to their building campaign. Later we found out that he asked, “How many