Plan to attend the General Business Meeting for Gloria Dei Lutheran Church (click here to review resolutions)
May 16, 10:30 a.m., online (click here to join)
On Sunday, May 16, 2021, at 10:30 a.m., we will hold our Annual General Business Meeting (online). All confirmed members are considered voting members and we encourage you to attend this meeting. Along with some regular business, like electing new members to the council and saying thank you to outgoing leaders, we have two extraordinary matters to decide at this meeting. Please review the information and resources below to prepare in advance for the meeting.
“Rise, O Church” Sanctuary Renewal Vote to Authorize the Project
– Click here for an immersive view of the planned sanctuary.
– Attend a Design Elements Exhibit gathering between May 6 and 11 to see some of the design elements and talk with “Rise, O Church” Task Force members. These meetings will provide an opportunity to have more in-depth conversation.
– Visit the “Rise, O Church” website.
– Review the resolution (prepared and approved by the Gloria Dei Congregational Council on April 20, 2021) that we’ll vote on during the meeting.
– Contact Mike Kruger if you would like to have an additional conversation about the project design, financing or construction process.
Room 99 for Immigrant Housing Support Vote to Authorize the Project
– Watch the recording of the April 27 meeting with insights from representatives of two faith communities that currently house immigrants. The Immigration Support Committee provided new information about some legal and financial questions that the congregation has asked.
– Review the resolution that we’ll vote on during the meeting.
– Contact Lenore Franzen if you have additional questions or would like more information about the mission and financing of the apartment project.
We look forward to seeing your faces on the screen on Sunday, May 16, as together we look to the future and the continued glorious ministries of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church.