Vacation Bible School
Welcome to Maker Fun Factory! We are excited to bring the children an exciting experience where kids discover they are lovingly crafted by God!
June 19-22, 2017
Monday through Thursday
9:00am to 12:00pm
Vacation Bible School is almost here!
120 children ranging in age from 4 through 12 years old as well as 60 volunteers will fill the church with songs and laughter, games and Bible stories, skits, snacks, and science experiments.
Items will be collected for the Neighborhood House Food Shelf and there will be a visit from their staff to explain how the food shelf works and how important the food shelf is in the community.
Please pray for our kids and leaders, that the week will be filled with joy and learning and God’s life-giving Spirit.
Although registration is now closed, there are still opportunities to volunteer. Contact the Children's Ministry Director for more information.
Created by God! Built for a Purpose!
Each day at Maker Fun Factory VBS children in small groups will explore four different stations - Imagination Station, Games, KidVid Cinema and Deep Bible Quests. Each station engages the child differently to deepen their understanding of the daily Bible point. In addition, the children gather together for the fun-filled Sing & Play.
Here are this year's daily Bible points and stories.
Day 1: God Made You - Wow God! God lovingly creates people (Psalm 139; Genesis 1:26-2:4).
Day 2: God is for you - Wow God! Rahab believes in God's mighty power (Joshua 1-2).
Day 3: God is always with you - Wow God! God is with Gideon (Judges 6:11-7:25).
Day 4: God made you for a reason - Wow God! Abigail brings peace (1 Samuel 25).
Each day children will also collect Bible Buddies to take home on Thursday. Each Bible Buddy tag includes the special Bible verse for the day.
Cost: $40.00 (includes t-shirt, materials and snack) – scholarships are available.
Students who have completed fifth and sixth grade as of June 2017 are welcome to join Maker Fun Factory as a junior leader. This program trains our newest leaders to take on more responsibility as a witness to the Gospel. Students will be leading our opening and closing, helping in the kitchen, and working with our outreach program.
In addition, this group will have age appropriate activities for their own faith development around the theme “Created by God! Built for a Purpose!”
Cost: $20.00 (includes t-shirt, materials and snack) – scholarships are available.
Children who meet the following age or grade requirements may register for Vacation Bible School:
- Age 4 or 5 as of September 1, 2017
- Kindergarten through Grade 4, completed by June 2017
- Grade 5 & 6, completed by June 2017, may register for our VBS Jr. Leadership program
Registration closes April 30, 2017 or when program is full. No late registrations will be accepted. Space is limited due to facility size.
Preschool through Grade 4 - $40 per child (includes T-shirt, materials, activities, snack and Bible Buddies).
Grade 5 & 6 - $20 per child (includes T-shirt, materials and snack).
If a scholarship is needed, please contact Pr. Lois Pallmeyer.
Click to pay for VBS
Payment for VBS must be received by May 15, 2017 by 5:00pm to keep your space.
Cancellations received prior to May 16, 2017, will be entitled to a full refund.
Safety at Vacation Bible School is our top priority. Please follow these guidelines when you arrive and pick up your child.
Program Dates: Monday, June 19 through Thursday, June 22.
Vacation Bible School is held at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on the lower level. Gloria Dei is located at 700 Snelling Avenue South, St. Paul, MN 55116.
Vacation Bible School starts at 9:00am and ends at 12:00pm. Children should be picked up promptly at noon.
Please be sure to have your primary phone number per your registration form available for contact in case of an emergency or illness.
Parents are to escort their child through the parking lot entrance to their child's drop-off room/area and sign them in with the child's leader.
- Preschool children: all drop off/pick up is from the child's homeroom. Parents must check in with the Preschool leader to "sign in" their child. Do not leave until your child has been signed in appropriately.
- Kindergarten through Grade 4 children: all drop off/pick up takes place in the Fellowship Hall. Each child will be assigned a crew leader. Parents must check in with the crew leader to "sign in" their child. Do not leave until your child has been signed in appropriately.
- Grade 5 & 6 children: all drop off/pick up takes place in their assigned area. Parents must check in with the crew leader to "sign in" their child unless a waiver is completed during registration.
Children must be picked up promptly at 12:00pm. Please feel free to come early and check out our closing celebration.
- Preschool children: pick up is in the child's homeroom. The person picking up the child must be an Authorized Adult for Pick-up per the child's registration form. The adult must check in with the Preschool leader to sign out the child. Do not leave until your until the child has been signed out appropriately.
- Kindergarten through Grade 4 children: pick up takes place an assigned area. The person picking up the child must be an Authorized Adult for Pick-up per the child's registration form. The adult must check in with the Crew leader to sign out the child. Do not leave until the child has been signed out appropriately.
- Grade 5 & 6 children: pick up takes place in assigned area. The person picking up the child must be an Authorized Adult for Pick-up per the child's registration form. The adult must check in with the Crew leader to sign out the child unless a waiver is completed during registration.
Each day Preschool through Grade 4 children will meet a special Bible Memory Buddy to help reinforce the daily Bible point and verse. Students will collect Bible Buddies every day to bring home on Thursday. Meet three of this year's buddies - Tina, Decker and Abbee!